Before you set your travel itinerary, the first thing to do is find a reliable and trusted travel agency. Finding an agency can be tedious and time-consuming, but you must find one that fits you best. You don’t want to end up with a travel agent who will push unwanted tours or activities on you. He may even try to sell the most expensive tour package to get more commission from his sales. Here are some tips for finding the right travel agency for your vacation:
1) Look for agencies that can provide competitive rates. The Internet has made shopping for better deals much more accessible than going from one office to another manually looking for tour packages and prices.
2) The next factor to consider is the location of the office or agency. Look for agents near your place so that if there are emergencies regarding changes or cancellations of tours and flights, you can quickly contact them personally instead of calling from another city where their head office is located.
3) Check if the agency has an online presence. Most people are already familiar with the Internet nowadays, so it’s good to know if your potential travel agency also owns a website where you can get updated information regarding trips towards any destination of your choice.
4) Inquire if they offer emergency hotlines when traveling abroad so that in case something unexpected happens during your trip, they’ll be able to assist immediately.
5) Remember that the best travel agent is one who listens closely to your needs and concerns as a client.
6) If possible, choose agencies that offer package tours instead of customized ones. Sure it’s more fun knowing exactly where to go without any restrictions, but deeply consider first your likes and dislikes before deciding on this kind of tour package.